Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life Skills - Day 9

How to Tie a Tie
This one was pretty simple, but I wasn't home all day, so I needed something I could do in the car, thus, learning how to tie a necktie. I picked out four of my husband's ugliest ties (judging from the fact that they were at the bottom of his tie rack and I've never seen him wear them) to practice with. I used this site (How to Tie a Tie) and although my pictures don't look quite as nice as theirs, I think I did okay. This was a fun skill to learn. Here are my four ties, each with a different tie knot (readers, do you have a favorite tie knot?):
Four-in-hand (I don't like the asymmetrical nature of it, but it was very easy)
Windsor (too many loops = a thicker knot)
Half-Windsor, my favorite
Pratt knot (clever, but it didn't unravel as easily as the rest)

The backs of all of them

No comments:

Post a Comment