Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life Skills - Day 12

How to Make Homemade Pasta
I think this really is a good life skill to know. I was pretty impressed with myself at the end, when I realized that I had made a tasty dish using just flour, eggs, cream, and garlic salt (garlic buttered noodles . . . yum. See Life Skills - Day 7 for how I made the butter). Overall, this was a pretty easy task, and the results were good too :) Here is my pasta journey (I followed these instructions: Homemade Pasta, with 2 eggs and 1 cup of flour):
1 C. flour mixed with 2 eggs. I would have had an earlier picture, but I was too busy making a serious mess of my counter . . . it was kind of fun :) 
Lovely dough after kneading for 10 minutes
After resting (in a plastic bag) for a few hours since I had church tonight, I rolled it all out and sliced it into noodles with a pizza cutter
Noodles!
Boiled in salt water for 3 minutes
Look, I made noodles . . . wow :) They are chewier than dried noodles, but are very hearty and tasty. They would be so good in chicken noodle soup. Hmm, now there's an idea ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment