Monday, December 24, 2012

Life Skills - Day 24

How to Make Truffles
Yes, I know, more baking blogs, but come on, how can you pass up truffles? I was never that big of a fan of them, but now that I've made these, I think I am a believer. I never really realized before that it's just cooled ganache covered in more goodness . . . my friend the Ganache Queen should be proud of me for getting these right. This is the recipe that I used: Truffle Recipe, and it was very simple, and easy to follow. These completed my Christmas treat gifts for some of my family (although the petit fours did not make the cut because they were ugly . . . have no fear, they will still get eaten because they are very tasty, they just did not meet the presentation standard). Now, enjoy the truffle journey (and special thanks to my sister-in-law for helping shape my truffles :)). 
Melted ganache
Shaped ganache before rolling
So pretty . . . cocoa powder, coconut, and pecan
Finished gift boxes . . . Merry Christmas :)

4 comments:

  1. So... am I on your Christmas list? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish . . . next time we plan a get-together remind me to make you some truffles, and I definitely will :)

      Delete
  2. Dear daughter, I don't believe I got a sample of the truffles? They sure look good. Can they be mailed to Florida??? I'll pay shipping!! Love, MUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remind me when you get home again and I'll make you some. I'll even let you pick what you want them coated in :)

      Delete