Sunday, December 16, 2012

Life Skills - Day 16

How to French Braid My Hair
Alright, I'll give you a break from the baking blogs for a day :) Today, one of my lovely friends taught me how to French braid my hair. Now, I'll confess that I have tried this before, but I've never actually had anyone teach me, and therefore have never had very much success, so I still count this as learning something new. She gave me many good pointers, the best being: 1. It's okay to hold all three strands in one hand in order to get the rest of your hair straightened out . . . I'd never tried that before and it really helped. 2. Once you add the extra bit of hair into the existing strand, smooth it with your fingers before adding it into the braid, that really helps make it look nicer. And 3. When doing the two braided look, take the forward most strand and start by placing that over the middle strand, it improves the look of the front. So, I'm sorry this is not a great tutorial on how to French braid, I don't really know how to describe it in words, and I already knew how to braid, so I didn't have to learn that part. It really is just a lot of practice, and I don't have it perfect yet by any means, but I'm much better at it that I was yesterday :) 
Here was my progress:
Trial One
Not so good from the front
Getting better (Trial Two or Three)
Two or Three
Making some improvement
Not too shabby :)
Moving on, to the two braid look
I thought it worked out well
Until I saw the top . . . oops. I did so much better on the left side. Oh well, my arms were pretty tired by this time.
Me and my awesome teacher :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment