Sunday, December 23, 2012

Life Skills - Day 23

How to Make Homemade Marshmallows
 I love marshmallows . . . they are so good, especially toasted over a campfire. My mother-in-law has learned to always have marshmallows in the house when I come to visit because inevitably, I will ask for them at some point during our visit. That being said, I decided it was probably a good idea for me to try my hand at making my own, just to see if I could. It was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be, although without a mixer, it would be pretty impossible (unless you didn't care about keeping your arm, then you'd be fine) ;) This is the recipe I used (Marshmallows from the Hungry Mouse), and with all the pictures on this blog, it's pretty simple to figure out. Here was my process:
Softening the gelatin
Powdered sugar coated pans
After the sugar syrup was added to the gelatin and it was mixed for 25 minutes =  marshmallow fluff
The tops were dusted with powdered sugar and dried overnight
All cut up pretty and coated with more powdered sugar. That's a gallon-sized bag.
Yum, marshmallows . . . I'd call this one a success :) 

1 comment:

  1. These were the BEST marshmallows EVER!!! I never would have thought of making home made marshmallows, but leave it up to Vanessa to make one of her favorite treats! If you get a chance to try one, you'll agree! MUM

    ReplyDelete