Sunday, December 2, 2012

Life Skills - Day 2

How To Fold a Fitted Bedsheet
This might be the most annoying problem when it comes to the laundry department. Those pesky fitted sheets, that are so amazing when you want to cover a mattress, but oh so frustrating when you want to have an organized closet to store them in. No matter how much you wrestle and plead with them, it seems they still insist on being lumpy masses destined to take up twice as much space in your closet than necessary. 

Like this (my husband's way of folding the sheet):
 Or this (my best attempt at folding it):
Today I set out to fix my knowledge deficit on how to properly fold the fitted sheet. I sought the advice of the domestic guru Martha Stewart. I watched this video (Sheet Folding Video), and even if you don't care a whit for folding fitted sheets, you might want to give this video a watch just for laughs. I didn't think I would laugh out loud while watching a video on this topic, but I did . . .it was so funny watching the audience member try so hard and still end up with a tangled mess. They were all good sports about it though, and I only had to watch the video twice to figure it all out. It's pretty straight-forward once you try it. So watch the video, go find that pile of crumpled fitted sheets in your closet, and give this a try . . . you might be surprised by the results: 
Perfectly folded fitted sheet :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment