Monday, December 3, 2012

Life Skills - Day 3

How To Make Rock Candy

Jar & skewer set-up
Okay, so many "life skills" shouldn't have been the title of this month because I'm pretty sure I could make it through life without making rock candy, but it's something fun to do that I've never done before (and it's kind of like a science experiment, so it definitely has a place in "Life's Lab Notebook" :)). I followed these instructions: Rock Candy but added a little extra sugar. I prepared my jar with bamboo skewers and then got to cooking. It was really quick and easy. I made purple peppermint flavored rock candy syrup . . . mmm. It is now resting, lightly covered, on my bookshelf and I will monitor its progress. It should take about a week. I will make sure to post pictures of the finished product once it is done :) 

Boiling water with sugar
Becoming syrup
Finished product (for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment