Thursday, December 6, 2012

Life Skills - Day 6

How to Fold a T-shirt in Five Seconds
Today was another busy day, and I was pretty burnt out by the time I got home. After eating left-overs for dinner, I kind of shut down because I was stressing too much about how I'm going to do all of these things this month. So if you have any easy ideas for me, PLEASE let me know. At any rate, my husband came up with a good idea for me that was quick and useful. Watch this video . . . you will be amazed: 5 Second T-shirt Folding. Here are my step-by-step photos:
Lay out the t-shirt

Pinch with your right hand in middle of the shirt at the middle of the shoulder

Pinch the middle of the shoulder with your left hand

Bring your left hand down to pinch the bottom directly below there your right hand is located

Lift up the shirt to create the fold

Fold the shirt over at the middle of the other shoulder line

Ta da :)
Oh, and my rock candy was not working, unfortunately. One fix, recommended by the recipe website, was to take it out, boil it again, and add more sugar, so I did that. I still don't think it's going to work (even though I tried new skewers and new containers) because it just seems to be solidifying on the liquid surface and the edges of the glass, not on the skewer. If anyone has any pointers, please let me know that too. Here is what happened and what I did today:
What a mess
Fixed?


2 comments:

  1. Do you wear scarves? There are lots of fun ways to wear them, and you could practice a few different looks.

    Or calligraphy could be fun (bonus that it's one of the six arts of ancient China). You could practice writing just your name, or your and your husband's names. :)

    Sign language? How to tie different knots? Make a balloon animal? Gingerbread house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions Kerry . . . thank you so much for the ideas! I've put a few of them in my idea jar :) I have done calligraphy and balloon animals already though . . . I just had to try pretty much every craft as a child :) Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete