Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life Skills - Day 4

How to Whistle with My Fingers
Okay, so this is not a necessary life skill either, but it is still something good to know. To learn this, I watched a variety of YouTube videos and then proceeded to get very light-headed from almost hyperventilating trying to get it right. I play a variety of instruments, so I thought I would be okay, but evidently I don't play them often enough so I was not spared from the dizziness after trying for a long time. I did eventually get quite a few good whistles, but not consecutively. At least I know how to do it now, and know that I can, so with more practice, I think I'll be able to get it more reliably in the future. 

Side note: I'm not entirely sure the rock candy is going to work. It seems to be crystallizing on the surface of the liquid, but not on the skewers. I'm going to give it another day and then put it back on the stove and boil it more and add more sugar like the article suggested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment