Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life Skills - Day 11

How to Make Etched Glass
This idea was in one of the "Show Me How" (500 life skills) books. It was actually pretty easy. I bought some Armor Etch at a craft store, found a piece of glass in my house, cut out a design from contact paper, and off I went. I used the lid of a flowery smelling candle (I didn't want to do anything fancy in case I really screwed it up), so I picked a flower pattern to use. I think the pictures show this the best:
Item awaiting etching
Pattern taped on top of contact paper on lid
Pattern cut out with X-acto knife
Finished product (sorry I didn't get a picture with the etching cream on, I was scared of it because it has lots of warnings on it. I wore gloves though, so I'm okay)
Pretty :) 
So, why don't you go out, get the few simple materials, and give it a try . . . an easy and fun way to spice up vases, plates, serving platters, etc. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment