Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life Skills - Day 19

How to Properly Make a Bed
Let me start off by saying that I hate making my bed.  My mom will tell you it was always a battle to get me to do it as a kid, and as soon as I moved out, I stopped entirely. I used to like building a fort around my bed, so then no one could see it so my mom didn't have any reason to make me make it. So today's challenge was not something that I was looking forward to, but we are having company soon, and I had no idea how to make hospital corners, so I figured it was something good to learn. Here is what I started with (what our bed usually looks like):
Messy bed
Now, after watching this Martha Stewart video: How to Properly Make A Bed and looking at this site (yes, I know it's for guys . . . oh well): How to Make a Bed, this is the result:
Look at that fancy hospital corner :) 
Ta da
I can't take credit for the amazingly lovely quilt (both of them actually), they were wedding gifts from my aunt . . . the best quilter I know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment