Friday, December 14, 2012

Life Skills - Day 14

How to Make a Souffle
First of all, try to spell "souffle". . . that's a fun one to learn :) Next, follow this recipe: Cheese Souffle, and tada,  you have a fancy cheese souffle. Well, it wasn't quite that easy, but it definitely wasn't as hard as I was expecting. I don't think I could have make three different souffles in a very limited time period, like they had to do on "Master Chef", but for my first souffle, I think it turned out okay. I did burn the butter the first time (the recipe says to evaporate the water out of it, and I just left it on too long), but other than that, it went pretty smoothly. Here is how it looked in my kitchen: 
Butter with flour mixture
Add the cheese . . . yum :)
Prepared pan, buttered, coated with Parmesan cheese, and frozen for ~5 minutes
Well beaten egg whites
Egg whites added to cheese sauce
Ready for baking
Ooo . . . it was a little higher, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera . . . it falls pretty quickly
My first souffle
Enjoy the cheesy goodness
Even though I would say this was a success, I'm not sure I really liked it too much. It could be the fact that I have a cold and couldn't really taste it, but it was kind of like a really fluffy cheese omelette with a slight bready taste. It wasn't bad, but not my favorite . . . I think I would have preferred a chocolate souffle. That being said, my husband liked it so much (and was apparently very hungry), that he ate the entire rest of the dish (he added fresh bell peppers too and said that was good too). So try it out, and let me know what you think :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment