Friday, December 28, 2012

Life Skills - Day 28

Wood Burning
No, this is not how to start a fire, which would be a good life skill to know, this is all about the fun art of wood burning. There was such a lovely snow fall out today that I really wanted a crackling fireplace and some hot chocolate. I didn't get the hot chocolate, but wood burning simulated the fireplace well enough :) It was actually a very enjoyable hobby, it kept my hands warm, and it smelled pretty nice. It was difficult to get precise lines, but with practice and more time I'm sure I could improve. I didn't really have any idea of what to make so I just practiced on some scrap wood and then made a little wall hanging thing. I also accidentally burned a hole in my blanket . . . oops. Other than that though, it went pretty well. Only a few more days left . . . what should next year have in store for me? :) 
Practice Part 1, I like the flower a lot.
Practice Part 2
Practice Part 3
Blanket Oops
My finished project . . . it's not perfect, but it's not bad for my first try :) The practice wood was actually easier because it didn't have the finish on it to gunk up the wood burning tool, so I'll keep that in mind in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment