Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life Skills - Day 5

How to Make Crepes
Ingredients
Sigh, this month is much more stressful than I was hoping for. Since I don't have enough tasks planned out yet, I'm stressing about that, and then I have really busy days (like today) and I have no idea how I'm going to fit in some of these tasks. Today I was up late baking for my work Christmas party tomorrow so I kept baking and learned how to make crepes. It's super easy by the way. This is the recipe I used (Crepes), but I followed one review and whisked the liquid ingredients (except butter) together first and then slowly whisked in the flour/salt while sifting to help eliminate lumps, and then added the butter . . . it seemed to work. Three minutes on the first side, two on the second, and then done . . . yummy crepes :) 
First crepe in the pan
I filled half of the crepes with Nutella and the other half with homemade black raspberry syrup . . . so good :) Even when it ran together (and if you know me, you know I don't like fruity stuff "contaminating" my chocolate desserts). But that syrup is so good, I made an exception :) I think my crepes were perhaps a little too thick, but they were still good. I've included some photo documentation of my learning experience tonight. Now go make some crepes, they are so easy and tasty! 
Tada
Mmm, filled with Nutella

A whole pile of yummy crepes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment