Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yoga - Day 19


Crow pose
So we hiked to the “Top of the Giant” today in Ontario (near Thunder Bay). It was a pretty tough hike, but the views at the top were spectacular. I decided to try to do some nature-inspired yoga while we were up there J I saw a crow, so I did the crow pose, and then there were lots of trees around, so I made myself into a lovely tree among the trees. On the way back, instead of going back the shorter, flatter way that we came, I decided it would be more fun to make a more looping path. Since we are cheap and didn’t feel like spending $11 on the topographical map, we didn’t realize that the mountains were connected and our hike was ridiculous and our round trip for the day was about 18.5 miles of hiking (there were some serious bits, not just walking on a trail) that we completed in eight hours. This lead to very sore knees, feet, hips, and legs. Therefore, my yoga hour for the day (which of course I saved until after the hike) was a very “Yin” practice. I did lots of leg and hip stretches and held them for about four minutes each. My legs will thank me in the morning J  
A tree amongst the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment