Saturday, August 18, 2012

Yoga - Day 18

I got in tune with nature doing my yoga today. Let me tell you, it is not as glamorous as it sounds. At the campground, I wanted to find a somewhat secluded area so people walking by our campsite wouldn’t think I was crazy, so I found a small patch of grass behind our tent (since the ceiling in our tent was too low to do my practice in there) and I used that. I watched a Jillian Michaels yoga DVD and it was much more intense than the Rodney Yee one yesterday. She made it more like aerobic yoga where a lot of the poses were fluid between poses (does that make sense?). At any rate, it was tough, and I couldn’t do it all. Granted, the uneven, rocky ground with the large tree root in the middle of my mat made it a bit more difficult as well. Also, since I couldn’t have my laptop plugged in, of course the battery died right before the video was over, so I didn’t get to see the very end and just had to make up my own cool-down segment, but I still got a good work out. Let me tell you, the “shavasana” (corpse pose) at the end is much more difficult outside. I normally don’t have a problem just letting it all go and relaxing into my mat, but ants don’t seem to respect that my mat is my space and I can’t relax when I feel things crawling on me . . . gross. So for all the issues that came up, the one highlight was doing a sun salutation and looking up at the blue sky and clouds and feeling that sunshine warming my back during my practice. God truly has made a lovely creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment