Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yoga - Day 1

Lovely tea room at Dragonfly Hot Yoga Studio
Today was my first day of “hot yoga”. If you know me personally, you know that I’m always cold and it takes quite a bit of heat to warm me up. So even though it’s August and rather hot outside, I’m still generally cold at work, so I am looking forward to spending time in the hot yoga studio. I won’t go to the studio every day (an exception I planned this month as we are hoping to go camping in a few weeks and I can’t take my yoga studio with me), but I’m hoping to get in as much hot yoga as possible. One added bonus this month is that my friend (you may remember her as the “Ganache Queen” from Cake Month) agreed to go to hot yoga with me, so this is a joint adventure.
We're ready!

I really enjoyed my first hot yoga class. We had gone shopping a few days ago to get yoga/running clothes (running clothes work well as they are designed to wick the water away from your body and sweating is one thing that is guaranteed in hot yoga) so I had some fun new outfits to get me in the yoga mindset . . . I looked the part at least J I changed after work and headed right over to the studio. We got a tour because it was our first time there, and I was rather impressed . . . it’s a pretty nice place. We were a little early, so we laid out our mats (with towels on top to catch all of the sweat . . . eww, I know), and just chatted for a little while before class started. It was a one hour class in 105 degrees. I don’t know why we decided to start with one of the hottest classes first, but it sure made the lower 90 degree temperatures outside feel nice when we were done J I felt really good after class (even though there was one pose that didn’t feel good, the camel pose I think, and I couldn’t do the lotus tree standing on my right leg because my left ankle is hurt and can’t twist that way, so I just did the regular tree instead). I don’t usually sweat much, so I think this will be good for my body, as long as I remember to drink water regularly throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Okay, that’s enough for today. I am really looking forward to the rest of this month now . . . wish me luck J 



No comments:

Post a Comment