Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 31

On January 1st, this day seemed very far off, but here it is, my last day of rock climbing. I climbed for my usual 45 minutes but didn't end on quite as much of a high note as I would have liked. The gym was full of boulderers today so it was a little difficult finding routes to climb. I got many challenging V1s, but after many attempts, failed to get any V2s (even routes I'd finished on previous days). My side was sore, and my body was just ready to be done and have a break from climbing. Maybe it's better this way, if I would have been making tons of progress, I wouldn't have wanted to stop, but now I can walk away with my head held high knowing I accomplished more than I thought possible, but without feeling like I'm cutting myself off before I'm done. Looking back on this month I am so proud of myself for actually doing this, I give myself a gold star!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on completing your rock-climbing awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing accomplishments in only a month! I don't think I would even be able to sit up or walk if I had climbed for 31 days straight! After a week or two of rest, I hope you get motivated to climb more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm sure you could sit up and walk, it wasn't that crazy. I enjoyed it a lot, and would love to climb more in the future :)

      Delete