Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 3

This was my first day of rock climbing after work. I figured that if I went home before going to Boulders, the chances of me actually going were slim (even though I am pretty determined to finish this experiment), so I drove straight to Boulders from work. I arrived around 5:00 and climbed for 45 minutes.

My big accomplishment today was that I finished all the V0s that Boulders had to offer! They do update the gym pretty frequently, so I'm sure I'll have more V0s to tackle soon, but for now...V0 mission accomplished. I even finished one that had a very scary backwards reaching section where I had to hold on with one hand and reach over my head and away from the wall to grab the finish hold. That was a scary moment, but I do really like that route.

In other news, I've started sharing this "12 experiments in the year" idea with some friends at work and I had my first "you're crazy" today as well. I knew that already, but I wondered how long it would be before someone told me that to my face . . . three days. It's true, I probably am crazy, but I think it's a cool idea, so I'm going to stick with it even though so far this experience can be summed up in one word: sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment