Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 21

Whew...the gym was SO crowded tonight, full of tons of kids, and they had actually run out of harnesses. Luckily I don't need one of those, and the majority of the people were top rope or clip in climbing, so there was still some open bouldering space. The original V0 that I had so many problems with (the "scary backwards reach route") has been replaced by a new V0 and I got that pretty easily. I climbed for a total of 45 minutes again. Here's a few pictures of me on that new V0:
Going up

Climbing back down (my right hand is on the finish hold . . .yet another "scary backwards reach one" but I wasn't scared of it any more)

Favorite quote of the night from a seasoned 20s-ish climber to a little boy trying to swing on the gymnast rings they have in the work out area: "Buddy, don't swing, do pull ups . . .get strong" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment