Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 14

I haven't shaken my cold yet, and I wasn't up for tons of climbing, but surprisingly, I did pretty well today. There was a new V1 that I got on my first try, I was shocked. Being a Saturday, the gym was pretty busy at 11 am when I got there. I climbed for 45 minutes, the norm.

I think I might be a bad person. I haven't been climbing for that long, but it gives me some sort of sick inner sense of accomplishment when I see athletically-built guys struggling with V0s. I would never laugh or anything like that because I know I was that person two weeks ago and they have nothing to be ashamed of . . .climbing is hard, but secretly it makes me feel a little better about my climbing skills (well, not so secretly now). I think perhaps this is because I'm usually so zoned in on my own climbing that my only measure of success is against myself and the wall and when I can see other people's triumphs (like the awesome group of guys and girls who practically floated up some V3s today) and failures it helps me rate my own? What do you think?

I'll let you ponder that one for a while but for now, I'll just sit here and try to forget how sore my fingers are.

No comments:

Post a Comment