Monday, January 16, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 16

Woohoo - I'm half done! This day felt far off on Day 1, that's for sure. Unfortunately, this milestone did not spur me on to climb today. I was not motivated, I was bored, and my fingers felt sore and swollen for the second or third day in a row, probably due to a combination of climbing and my cold. But, not being one to back out of a challenge, I knew I had to go, and I was glad I did.

The gym was rather crowded today, most likely due to the recent Groupon, but I still got 45 minutes of good climbing in. The Boulders route setting team didn't let me down, and there were two new V0s and one new V1 to stave off my impending route boredom. Lo and behold, I finished all of them on the first try. I think that means I have graduated to a level V0.5 climber ;) Some of those V0s are just too easy for me now, but there are still plenty of V1s that I can't do, so I just invented a new in-between V grade, just to give myself a sense of accomplishment, I think I can do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment