Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 11

Well, I'm 11 days into this now, and my overall opinion is: so far, so good. I'm really curious what I'm going to feel like on Day 31.
Today I made a little bit more V1 progress, but the big news is my calluses. I know, not really big news, but it does make climbing much easier. The biggest callouses are forming under the first joints on my index fingers. Under the first joint of my pinkies were blisters, but after climbing with band-aids on them for a couple of days, the blisters have healed and are turning into calluses as well. I've included a close up of one of the rocks so you can understand why calluses are forming . . .note the texture. I wonder how long it will take for the calluses to go away after I stop climbing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment