Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rock Climbing - Day 25

Well, it's nearing the end of the month, and my progress has slowed. I climbed for 45 minutes today, but didn't make any headway on most routes. There is one black V1 in particular that I haven't been able to get and it was causing another group of people some problems today too. After discussing it with them and assuring them that I was never going to be able to get it, of course I had to try because I had to prove myself wrong. But it was not to be today. I did get a little farther on it than usual, I'm just too scared to finish it. The second to the last hold is rather slippery and I always feel like I'm leaning away from the wall and usually just fall at that point . . .one of these days I'm going to get it. Mind over matter!

Another issue I had today was that I couldn't get my wedding ring back on after climbing. Side note for any one considering climbing: make sure you take your jewelry off first . . .the first two days I climbed with my wedding ring on and it is all scratched up. So I remember to take it off, but my fingers didn't want to let it back on, I did get it eventually though. Speaking of my wedding ring, I'm looking forward to climbing tomorrow . . .I've finally convinced my husband to join me. Stay tuned for that epic adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment