Friday, June 1, 2012

June Reveal

This month’s challenge will be to learn how to juggle. Why juggling you ask? Well, by now you should know that I’m crazy enough for it, based on all the other crazy things I've endeavored to do so far. But anyways, juggling is not something that I was ever really that interested in, but I was always impressed when I saw people who could pull it out as a casual party trick (I’m not all that impressed by professional jugglers, interestingly enough, who knows why). So there is that, and then one of my friends at work happens to be a very good juggler and he would randomly juggle at lunch time (oranges, apples, etc.) or I think once even in the lab (rubber flask stoppers) . . .there is seemingly no end to the situations in which juggling can add a little fun. So since he lost a bet (I think it was about a crossword puzzle answer) he owed me a juggling lesson. That is how this all started.

Any of you who have known me for a while probably know that I’m not the most athletic person in the world, not that I couldn’t be, I just never have been. So the whole hand-eye coordination / tossing a ball around kind of thing is really not natural for me. At all. This fact made the juggling lesson rather interesting. I think I spent much more of the time running after and picking up the tennis balls than I actually did trying to toss them around. At any rate, he gave me some good juggling tips and encouraged me to keep practicing . . .yeah, that didn’t happen. So here it is about a year later and I am no better at it than I was during my first lesson ever, thus this month’s task. Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment