Thursday, June 21, 2012

Juggling - Day 21

So I finally got around to asking my friend at work today for some juggling pointers. I explained to him my situation and he gave me the following advice:
  • Try keeping track of my attempts using my stopwatch instead of counting, that way I can focus just on juggling instead of trying to divide my attention
  • Try two bean bags in just one hand, making circles that way, as an alternate form of practice
  • Try to keep my tosses spread out (e.g. avoid “control freak” mode), but not too spread out or I’ll lose my accuracy
  • Just keep practicing J

I used the stopwatch method, and it worked pretty well. It seems my average attempt is about five seconds, but I got over ten seconds three times (ten seconds was his benchmark for doing okay) and my best attempt was seventeen seconds. The two bean bags in one hand did not work at all. Oh, and I used my bean bags again . . . now that they are all fixed. I like them better than the tennis balls I think. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do anything fancy by the end of this month, but I have definitely improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment