Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cello - Day 31

Today was my last day of cello playing. I don’t feel like I got as good at it as I was hoping, but I’m definitely better than I was a month ago! Today, just for fun, I finally convinced my husband that he should play along with me (and help me practice the song that I might be playing in church on Sunday).  He is a very good trombone player and since that is an instrument that requires a lot of pitch control, just like the cello, he has developed a good ear over the years. We played the parts of the hymn a few times and then I found some duets that we played through. We didn’t sound very good since we hadn’t played any of them before, but it was sure fun. My mother-in-law called while we were practicing so we played a song for her over the phone. I’m planning on taking my cello along the next time we go to visit my in-laws because they are very musical too. So, there ends my lovely month of cello playing. It was a nice transition from running, and I feel like I’ve accomplished something. I won’t stop playing the cello I don’t think, it’s just too pretty to quit. I hope you all enjoyed this month, and take a look at my next blog post to see what you have to look forward to next month!
My lovely cello

No comments:

Post a Comment