Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Reveal

Hello everyone. Sorry for my lapse in posting on my blog. Don't you worry, I have not stopped doing crazy challenges, I was just a little too busy to spend the time updating this blog. Hopefully in the next few days I'll get all caught up though. So anyways, what have I been up to? After all of my running, I think I deserved a Baskin Robbins month or something (a flavor a day sounds wonderful :)), but instead, I decided to stay still after all of that running, and work on something I had been putting off for years. As you may know, my husband and I have quite the collection of musical instruments (17 I think) and I can play most of them, but not very well. For one of my birthdays while I was in college, a fellow college student was selling her cello and I bought it for myself but never learned how to play it. So that lovely instrument just sat untouched, a shame I think. So, it was time to rectify that . . . cello playing, here I come.

I had about six months of violin lessons when I was in 8th grade, but haven't played a stringed instrument since then (besides guitar and bass guitar), so I'm pretty out of practice. This might be a mistake, but I decided to take some weekly videos of my progress for you all to see. I'm sorry if I hurt your ears. Do any of you have an instrument that has been sitting in the closet for too long? If so, I encourage you to take this monthly journey with me (although you don't have to post videos if you don't want to). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment