Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cello - Day 5

My right hand is still getting a bit sore from the bowing, but hopefully that will ease up as it gets stronger from practicing. No really amazing accomplishments today, but I did learn a new note (F natural) and that was pretty tricky. I’m really working a lot on ear training with this instrument, much more so than any of the other instruments I play (piano, guitar, flute, alto saxophone, etc.). They all have keys, and yes, tuning is important, but there is so much more room for error on the cello . . .that is kind of scary. I’m steadily making progress through the level one book though, so I’m looking forward to getting to learn some of the longer pieces soon. J

Readers, do any of you have experience with stringed instruments (and the use of rosin, in particular)? The rosin that I have is very old, and I’m thinking it’s not working. I don’t really know what it’s supposed to do (help the bow stay on the strings?) and how to tell if it’s still useable or not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment