Monday, May 21, 2012

Cello - Day 21

I didn’t have as good of luck practicing today as I did yesterday. Things still sounded okay, but I moved on from the popular songs and the Suzuki book and started a new book, Solos for Strings, Level 1. Therefore, I was back at the beginning again playing a lot of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” and “Lightly Row”. I think “Twinkle, Twinkle” is going to become my “Go Tell Aunt Rhody” for cello (to explain, of all the beginner songs for learning an instrument, “Go Tell Aunt Rhody” has got to be my least favorite one. Interestingly enough, it was in the Suzuki book, and I didn’t mind it as much as usual, but this “Twinkle, Twinkle” nonsense has got to stop). So today was not a very good day for cello playing (it didn’t help that we were late to a friend’s house for dinner, so I was stressed about that), but I’m hopeful that tomorrow will be better.

New book I'm working on

No comments:

Post a Comment