Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cello - Day 3

My fingers are starting to get a little sore from the strings, but that was inevitable. My greatest accomplishment today: learning to play the “Can Can Song” and my husband said the majority of the notes were in tune! So I working on that, really trying to keep my notes more in tune, while at the same time develop proper cello playing form (not that I really know what that is . . .if anyone has any tips, or knows anyone who would like to give me a lesson, that would be much appreciated). I know that my playing is still pretty awful and I feel bad for everyone who has to hear it, but I take comfort in the fact that I will get better if I practice, so that’s what I’m doing.

Side note:  I found a Russian proverb that seems to fit quite well with my Cake-A-Day month: “A house is beautiful not because of its walls, but because of its cakes.” So my tiny apartment must be pretty beautiful J

No comments:

Post a Comment