Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cello - Day 29

I don’t know why, but I did not do so well today. I was not motivated to learn anything new, so I played through some hymns in the hymnal. I wanted to play the melody though, so it was a lot of transposing in my head. I suppose that is a good skill to learn, but I feel like it’s the easy way out for me because I’m leaving bass clef and going back to treble clef, so I should probably not do too much of that. After the hymns, I tried to play some in my lesson book, but it was not pretty, so I got out my trusty standby, the Suzuki book, and played through that for the rest of the time. I’m considering getting the Suzuki level two book, because that seemed like a much more natural way to learn and the Essential Elements seems more forced, but that probably has something to do with the pace at which I’m going through it too. Only two more days of practicing . . .then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment