Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cello - Day 16

I’m working on a few new things today. I started this yesterday, but after a comment from a friend who is a really good guitar player about how I needed to be “one” with my instrument, I’m really trying to fit better with the instrument and make it more an extension of my body instead of this big, awkward thing that squeaks. Also, I put away my fun, popular songs and got out the Suzuki Level 1 lesson book. In the introduction to that book, Suzuki says that it is really important to work on tonalization, or trying to product a beautiful sound, every time I play. Well, I know the sounds that I make are not always beautiful, so I tried to work on that today too. I have a long way to do, but I need to keep those things in mind, as well as trying to learn proper posture and hand position . . .I have a lot of work to do.
Suzuki Lesson Book

No comments:

Post a Comment