Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cake Madness - Day 8

Cake of the Day: Better Than Almost Anything Cake
I want to start today's post with a note of thanks for all of the comments and ideas that I've been getting from my readers. I love comments, and you guys have had some really great ideas. So keep them coming...they are awesome :) 

Today's cake is by far the easiest cake I have made yet (which was a much needed break after my last two crazy cakes). This is not my favorite cake because it turns out kind of wet and mushy, but holy cow, the people at work sure seemed to like it . . .it was gone in under an hour and a half. That's a new record I think. Also, I got asked for one of my recipes for the first time. I didn't think that would take so long, but I'm glad this is the recipe I got asked for as it is so easy.

1 German Chocolate Cake mix
1 can Sweetened Condensed milk
1 jar Caramel ice cream sauce
1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping
1 bag toffee bits

Bake cake according to box directions. Cool for 10 minutes. Poke lots of holes in it with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour milk over and let soak in. Pour caramel over, run knife around edges. Cover and refrigerate for two hours. Spread whipped topping on top and sprinkle on toffee bits. That's it. Done. 
Here are the comments this cake received: 
  • Love it
  • Splendido, awesome again! :) Moist, toffee-eeish (yummy). Not overpoweringly sweet, I like it that way. 
  • Heath cake . . .*Drool*, frickin' awesome
  • You are amazing!
  • REALLY Good! Base cake looked dense and heavy to me, but tastes light and darkly chocolatey. Crunchy topping is lovely. 
  • Very good. I love the toffee bits and topping

Another success :) 

1 comment:

  1. ROAR CHOMP! Cakezilla eats all because hungry from skipping a day!

    ReplyDelete