Friday, February 3, 2012

Cake Madness - Day 2

Cake of the day: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. 
The recipes I found (Sam's Famous Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting) called for walnuts, coconut, pineapple and raisins in the cake, so if you are a carrot cake purist and think that is gross, please avoid this post. As my cake sponsor doesn't like raisins, they were omitted, but the rest was included, and I put a sign up about there being coconut and walnuts in the cake and I didn't get any nasty comments about coconut today, hooray.

It turns out that today (February 3rd) is National Carrot Cake Day . . .who knew? I was certainly not aware of it when I planned Carrot Cake for today, what a happy coincidence. Anyways, the cake and frosting were both easy to make and I think it turned out really tasty. Evidently my coworkers thought so too as it was gone in two hours again and landed me a few more cake sponsors :)

Not much to look at, but so moist underneath
Here are some of the comments this cake received:

  • I have never had carrot cake, so this is the best that I've ever had :)
  • Appearance is average as far as "all" cakes go . . .but good in terms of carrot cake. Cream cheese frosting is perfect for the cake . . .not too cheesy and not too sweet
  • Moist cake. Interesting combination of flavors, nuts, fruit, don't pick up carrots. Creamy frosting.
  • Very good! Plus, there is a healthy aspect: 1. carrots 2. coconut 3.nuts 4.dairy - cream cheese!
  • Thanks for trying to sabotage the weight loss challenge :P (Yes, there is a weight loss challenge going on at my work right now . . .oops)
  • Yummy! I like the walnuts and raisins (hmm, there are no raisins in my cake) though some feel them unorthodox. Could have done with more nutmeg IMHO (well, since I didn't have any nutmeg in there either, I agree)
  • Best carrot cake that I've ever had! Thanks.
  • Absolutely delicious!! The frosting was nice and creamy. Great texture. The cake itself was moist and had lots of flavor!!

Behold the yumminess


3 comments:

  1. ROAR - Cakezilla SCARF! Wants moar of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind.
    First: Filing her palms?! GROSS!
    2: If I sponsor a cake, will you send it to me?... but you pay postage...
    3: What happened to the first week of February? Jeff wants to know.
    4: I'm planning on making an all-natural chocolate cake with lemon curd filling and cream cheese/powdered sugar frosting with m&m's all over in a polka dot pattern for Eloise's birthday party later this month. (POLKA DOTS!) I'll post it on my blog, and then you can just steal that day's blog post and make it your own. :)
    5: It's okay that you're not forming any habits in 2012. At the end of the year, you can decide which ones were the best and stick with them in 2013!
    6: You're my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. It's okay, I'm behind too
      2. Sorry, I don't think it would ship well, I'd be happy to bake for when you come visit (or I visit you) though!
      3. See number 1 ;)
      4. Sounds like a fun project...hope you enjoyed it!
      5. Thanks!
      6. Oh, good :)

      Delete