Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cake Madness - Day 15

Cake of the Day: Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
This is the first day of this challenge that I felt like my cakes were black market items. There is no doubt that they are tasty and draw many people to them, but when I made an ingredient exchange out in the parking lot (the frozen cranberries were delivered to me by the cake sponsor in a cooler like some black market organs), and people have frequently been giving me cash, so it's been kind of weird :) 

The recipe and the frozen chopped cranberries were provided by the cake sponsor, so this was a pretty easy cake for me to make. Also, I've never made a coffee cake in a springform pan before which made this an interesting experiment. The cake came together pretty easily, but unfortunately I baked it a little too long and the edges got a little over-done. It came out very dense, but still moist, and the decorations of fresh whipped cream helped lighten it up a little bit and made a pretty tasty cake. 

Here are the comments for today's cake: 
  • Moist, dense, awesome. Perfect sweet to tart ratio. Excellent :) 
  • Excellent: I will be asking for the recipe. 
  • Good cake . . .adding the raisins was a great idea, way to go. (Hmm, there were no raisins . . .)
  • I've always been a big fan of coffee cakes so I really enjoyed this one. Loved the cranberry/almond combination. Yum. 
  • Very good!!
  • MMM very tasty. Need more coffee now . . . :)
The finished product:


2 comments:

  1. Cakezilla SUPER NOMS cranberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what will begin tomorrow! Maybe climbing again...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete