Monday, February 6, 2012

Cake Madness - Day 5

Cake of the Day: Yum Yum Cake
This cake has been a favorite of mine for many years, and honestly, how could a cake called "Yum Yum Cake" be bad? That being said, it is a relatively simple cake, and the cake is not the star of the show, the frosting is. The cake, as I like to call it, is merely a frosting delivery device :) 

Since this one was brought in to work again, I could use the amount of time it took for the cake to be demolished as a sign of it's quality . . .this one was gone in two and a half hours, so not quite as popular as the first cakes, but still pretty good. Oh, and I heard a comment about my German Chocolate Cake, I guess someone was literally ripping pieces off of it to eat, although I don't know who, all I know is that they must have really been hungry!

As for me, I may be going a little crazy trying to plan and make all these cakes. Cake generally consumes most of my waking thoughts at this point, I sure hope I can learn to relax pretty soon.

Here are some of the Yum Yum Cake comments:
  • You are so evil (This was written by a weight loss challenge participant)
  • Very good cake . . .visually very inviting - I very much like the frosting!! The cake could be slightly more moist, slightly. Love the frosting. I could see using this frosting over and over again - Tons of applications :) 
  • Delicious
And my favorite comment:
  • No words can describe the splendor of the yum yum cake, A+

Yum
Yum

1 comment: