Sunday, September 2, 2012

Children's Book - Day 2

I read the first chapter of my 8 lesson book today and I think it will be pretty useful, although I doubt my book will be ready for publication at the end like they say it will. They also say a chapter a week though, and since I only have a month I’d have to do two chapters a week, and I don’t think an hour a day is enough time to accomplish that all in. I’ll do my best though. Since we are staying overnight at some friend’s house, and they have four small children, I was surrounded by children’s literature, and test subjects J The mom was an English major in college too and has a love of reading even greater than mine, so I completely trust her opinion on this matter and decided to consult with her on my story. She gave me lots of good tips on how to improve the story, and fixed some of my grammar. We also discussed how some children’s books are so elaborate and some are so simple, but they can both be equally good. In case you haven’t noticed, I tend to be way too ambitious with these projects sometimes, so I’m going to have to try and strive towards a more simplistic but well done book instead of an overly complicated, rather shabby book. We’ll see how this goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment