Sunday, September 9, 2012

Children's Book - Day 9

Today I decided to do some research. My favorite children’s books are written by two outstanding authors/illustrators, Jan Brett and Bill Peet. I love so many others too, but Bill Peet is probably my favorite and I wanted his illustrations to be my inspiration. So I read up on him today and studied lots of his books and pictures. He had been drawing for his whole life, which would explain why he is so good and I doubt I will ever be able to create something like what he did, but I’m sure going to try. This is my favorite Bill Peet book: The Wump World, but I have many to read yet, so I’m looking forward to doing that sometime in the future. For now, I will just try and feel inspired J

2 comments:

  1. I need to read that...I love capybaras...the Wumps are kind of like capybaras :)

    ReplyDelete