Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Reveal

So by now, you are probably wondering what other crazy schemes I could possibly have up my sleeve. This next month is really going to tap into my creative side and try to unlock some hidden talents I don’t know if I have but if I ever did, they were lost in my childhood. As you might recall from my novel reading month, I absolutely adore books, especially children’s and young adult literature. My parents actually thought I would be a librarian when I grew up, but to their great surprise I became a scientist. I think it had something to do with me trying to challenge myself to study something I knew little about. Anyways, for my challenge this month, I’ve decided to get back into books and try and write and illustrate a children’s book. One day at work, one of my good friends was talking to me about some silly animal song and he said “now for a song about wombats”. I didn’t have much to do that afternoon, and inspiration suddenly struck and I found myself composing a song about a wombat. It turned out to be more of a poem and sounded perfect for a children’s book. He was rather impressed that I had written it in so short a time period, and so with that encouragement, combined with my visions of this book in my head, I am embarking on a new journey. I am not looking to get published or become a famous children’s book author (although getting published would be cool, I don’t think this endeavor is quite of that caliber), but just to devote about an hour every day to fine tuning my story and trying to figure out how to draw. This should be fun J

No comments:

Post a Comment