Saturday, September 8, 2012

Children's Book - Day 8

So today I wrote out my story all on one page and it looks longer than I thought it was. Unfortunately, I read another chapter in my book about writing and illustrating children’s books, and it said that most children’s books have 32 pages with a few of the first being the title and copyright pages, but I fall six pages short even when I include those. So do I write more verses, or just try and go for 24 total pages which is unusual, but not unheard of, or just leave it the way it is? Any suggestions? I guess it’s not like I’m really going to publish it anyways (even though that would be great), so I shouldn’t really care what a publisher’s standard is, but somehow I feel like I should take that into consideration and do it right. Anyways, I still can’t figure out my main character’s styling either . . . I need to work on this more.

2 comments:

  1. Most children's books have 32 pages? Really? I need to go count. 24. 32. 42. 24.
    From my survey of four books it looks like 24 pages is the winner.

    ReplyDelete