Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Children's Book - Day 19

This is hopeless. I had so many aspirations for this book at the beginning, and I thought this would be a fun month, but I’m not enjoying it at all. I just feel really inadequate. I read a bit about publishing today, and I don’t think I’d ever be ready for that. And if I was, I doubt anyone would read my book. And if they did, what if they expected a second? Have I told you that I don’t write much? I only feel inspired to write once or twice a year, and in those moments, I write something I really like, but once the moment passes . . . it’s over. After I was done reading (and getting more discouraged), I looked back over all I’ve drawn and written this month, and I’m happy with some of it, and mostly unhappy with the rest. Then I just stared at a blank piece of paper and tried to figure out what I’m going to do. I don’t know how much I believe in my story anymore . . . it seems to me that it lost its focus or subject when I expanded it. So do I just try and draw stuff for the remainder of the month, start on something new, or just sit here at the wall, not sure of what to do? This is not how I was hoping this month would go L

No comments:

Post a Comment