Saturday, September 1, 2012

Children's Book - Day 1

To prepare myself for this journey, I headed to my local library and picked up a few books, two on how to write and illustrate children’s books, and one on how to draw. I have a feeling that these will come in very handy. By the way, since all of my yoga practice last month, now I am seeing yoga poses in so many movements around me. It’s kind of cool, but it does make me miss yoga (and my yoga buddies). Anyways, I read the introduction to one of my books about writing and illustrating children’s books (Writing and Illustrating Children's Books for Publication: Two Perspectives) and I’m getting more excited about this month’s challenge. I don’t know if anything really will come out of it, but I don’t often practice being creative (unless I’m baking), so this is using an untapped portion of my brain, and that’s what this year is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment