Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting - Part 3

Sigh, this book makes me want to cry. Everyone is SO heart-broken. I'm very glad that Bridget is getting to spend this time with Bailey though, I think it will convince her to keep her baby (because when she first found out she was pregnant, she wanted nothing to do with it). The interaction between the two is interesting, and I think it is a healing experience for both of them as they both lost their mothers. Carmen on the other hand, is just being stupid with the whole Jones and wedding idea . . .snap out of it Carmen! Lena is the one I relate to the most, I always have. If I could pick one of the girls of the Sisterhood to be, it would be Lena, although I really related to Tibby's relationship with the Bailey of the first book too. As for Lena, when will she finally get to be with Kostos? They are so meant for each other, it's ridiculous.

After so much pain and heart-ache, it seems the loose ends are finally all coming together. Tibby and Brian had bought a farm and all the girls (and Kostos) are invited there at a set date. Before that, Carmen (who is an actress now) hops a train down south for an important audition, and on the way there she meets a nice family and becomes really attached to them. She finally relaxes about acting and decides not to marry Jones :) Lena and Kostos, after exchanging letters, travel back and forth across the Atlantic just to find each other . . .finally. Bee has grown very fond of Bailey and loves that she has her own little place on Brian and Tibby's farm (each girl has her own little house). I'm glad that Bee will be able to stay with Bailey.

Everything is revealed now: Tibby died of Huntington's Disease, she didn't commit suicide, thank goodness. I don't really know anything about Huntington's Disease, and not much is talked about it in the book. I'm sad that Tibby's plan didn't work out exactly like she had wanted and she missed out on the last few things to do. I am so relieved though that everything worked out alright. Bee told Eric about the baby and they will live on the farm with Brian and Bailey. Carmen too is going to move to the farm, and hopefully Lena and Kostos will as well. I wish that there was a little bit more detail about Carmen's story; did she end up with the guy from the train or not? But other than that, I can be at peace now, knowing what happened to each of the girls (and that Lena and Kostos are finally together). :)

The End

So, what did you think? I really liked this book; it made me laugh, it made me cry, and it gave me closure about four girls that I felt so close to. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes that sort of thing :) Stay tuned for one final day of March, and the April reveal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment