Saturday, March 31, 2012

The End of Novel Reading and April Reveal

My last day of novel reading is here, and I finished my last novel last night . . .oops. I was so close to the end I just had to read a little bit longer and finish it :) That being said, I'm going to "cheat" a little bit today. Since my original plan was to read for 45 minutes a day and blog for 15 and I ended up reading for the whole hour every day (and obviously not blogging at all which is why I'm so behind), tonight I'm not going to read a novel, and I probably won't read for the full hour, but I think it's justified. So, what will I be reading instead? This: Archaeological Study Bible. Some friends were reading it, and since I've always liked history, I thought this would be a really great way to keep reading, get closer to God, and learn some history all at the same time. My husband and I finished our two-year read though the entire Bible at the end of last year, so it is about time to start over anyways :) This time, instead of reading it in order, Genesis to Revelation, we are going to try to follow a chronological reading list and go though it that way. Last time, I read out loud and afterwards he read the notes from his study Bible about what we had just read, so this time, he will read the text, and I will read the archaeological notes. This should be very interesting, enriching, and informative . . .I'm looking forward to it.

Now that my novel reading is done with, what do you think is up next for me? Any guesses? (if you already know, shhh) ;) Well, here is how I look at it. I got in good shape in January after all of that rock climbing, and then proceeded to undo all of my good work by eating cake every day and sitting around reading books. Looks like it's time for me to get in shape again! Unlike rock climbing, the activity I've chosen for this month is not something I enjoy doing. It is an activity enjoyed by millions of people every year, and the only equipment needed is a good pair of shoes and the open road . . .you guessed it: running. So, lace up your running shoes, stretch out those legs, and get ready, the first week is one mile, every day. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment