Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting - Part 2

I was so shocked by the death of Tibby, I didn't really know what to do. That was not something I was expecting in this book. But, I must keep reading, and hopefully things will get better.

All of the girls are trying to deal with the grief of losing Tibby, each in their own way. Bridget runs away, Carmen hides at home, and Lena calls Kostos. I'm glad Kostos is back on the scene, even if it is just to help Lena clean up the mess in Greece. This time is really hard for all of them.

Side note: I've been enjoying this month of reading a lot, and it has been sooooo much easier than baking a cake every day, but when I have a migraine and want to sleep (like I did while I was reading today), it's a chore. I can't quit though!

Back to the story: Each girl is searching for distractions and answers; they are all so confused and lost because of Tibby's death. Lena agrees to work on selling her grandparents house in Greece. Carmen dives head first into wedding planning (none of the girls really like her fiance, Jones, though). Bee becomes a nomad and finally ends up in Australia with Brian, and Bailey. Yes, I know what you're thinking (if you've read the other books), Bailey is a little girl that Tibby befriends in the first book and she ends up dying, so how can she be in this book too? Well, here's another shocker, Brian and Tibby had a daughter, and they named her Bailey after that same little girl. Whew, another thing I didn't see coming. And if that wasn't enough . . .guess what . . .Bee is pregnant. How many major adult issues will the girls have to deal with all at once??? I just want it to be all better for them, I sure hope this book has a happy ending.

p.s. There seems to be some confusion over what month this challenge is for . . .Novel Reading is the March challenge, I'm just really behind on my blogging. Have no fear, faithful readers, I am working on getting caught up. Be prepared for multiple posts a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment