Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cake Madness - Cake Survey Results

Since the vast majority of my cakes ended up at my workplace and I left out a comment jar every day, I thought it would be fitting to let my coworkers vote on their favorite cakes at the end of the month. Here are the Survey Sheets that I made to remind them of each cake:
I asked people to cast a vote for their favorites in taste and appearance (there are only 21 cakes since the weekend cakes were not included in this survey):
 The adorable Dragon Cake won Best in Show for Appearance, not too much of a surprise there :) The scrollwork mint chocolate cake was a close second though.
In the taste category, we have a tie - the Boston Cream Pie "Cake" is evenly matched with the Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake (although I feel the Mousse Cake had the unfair advantage of being fresher in everyone's memory). 

Thank you to everyone who voted. Here's one more look at the most memorable cakes of the Month of Cake Madness:
The lovable Dragon Cake
"Heaven in a bowl" Boston Cream Pie Cake

Extravagant Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
And the final comments on this month:
  • I never got to taste or see any of your famous cakes so I was thrilled to see these pictures. You are so talented - how cool. Those look absolutely awesome. I hope you had fun doing it. 
  • I see I missed a lot of good ones there. Congratulations for making it through the month.
  • I love the blog and am willing to be a sponsor/tester any time . . .
  • Thank you again for doing this! It made the month of February much more fun this winter. It was very hard to pick my favorites. (This type of reaction is exactly what I was going for with this cake challenge . . .I'm so glad I made someone's dreary winter a little bit happier) :) 
  • Now we all have to wean ourselves of the cake-a-day diet. Seriously though good job! And do you do wedding cakes? :P (To the anonymous comment-er:  Sure, I'd make a wedding cake, I'm so glad you have that much faith in my cake baking skills). 
  • Choosing perfection among perfection is very difficult.
  • Thanks so much for the month long treat. Can you recommend a good addiction counseling service?
  • Turn into a 60 or 90 day challenge :) 
  • I only tasted ~ 2/3 of them, but all were good - some great!
  • All in all - wonderful job :) 
  • Thanks for the great cakes
  • Great job on all the cakes!
  • So what is your next challenge?
Good question . . . I think this final comment about Cake Madness month might be the perfect lead-in to my March Challenge :
  • It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. . .

1 comment:

  1. Cakezilla is now fat and sad. Crying over the end of cakes. Cakezilla thinks this is more the worst of times because the cakes are no longer appearing. Cakezilla waddles out sadly, longing for more tasty cake goodness. The cakes may be done, but Cakezilla shall return (hopefully thinner, and ready for more cake).

    ReplyDelete