Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Reveal

First of all, let me apologize to my readers for being so behind in my blog writing. I've been so busy lately and while I've been keeping up with my tasks, I haven't been very good at keeping you informed and up to date. That being said, if you paid attention to my last Cake Madness post, you have probably already guessed what my challenge is for the month of March :)

After being so exhausted from the rock climbing and time-consuming cake baking, I decided I really needed something a little easier and a little more "for me" this month. If you had known me before I went to college, you would have known how much I love reading. I have always been a book-worm. My mom has told me that one of my favorite phrases as a child was "Read Mommy, read". That being said, I wanted to get back into it, and set aside some time every day, 45 minutes to an hour, to sit down and read a book. Preferably one from my growing collection on my bedside stand.

Initially I wanted to read for 45 minutes and blog for 15 so I didn't get so behind, but as you know, that didn't happen (sorry again). So I generally have been reading for about an hour each day. Now that you know what I've been up to, let me dive and and fill in the details for you. If you haven't read the books, I'll warn you I might talk about plot details (spoilers) so be aware of that. But if you have read the book, or seen the movie, or would like to read the book now and comment on what I've been reading, please do. Or maybe you'd like to read a different book and fill me in on what you are reading too, that would be great. At the end of every book I read (as applicable) I plan to watch the movie and do a brief movie review as well, I think that will be fun.

So, here we go!

6 comments:

  1. The great thing about writing your blog...is you can do whatever you want, and WHENEVER you want :)Regardless of what and when people think you should right (myself included). Write at your own pace, and we'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason . . .that makes me feel much better about the whole situation. I'm glad you're following my blog!

      Delete
  2. Sounds relaxing! I recently discovered I can crochet and read at the same time. Maybe you can work on that for April. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you hold your book? You are amazing :)

      Delete
  3. "Read Vanessa, Read" !! I can now say that to you!
    I'm so glad that you are taking a much needed break and are enjoying some books.
    Anxious to hear what you like. Have you read "The Help"? There's also a book out by Nicholas Sparks that is now coming on the movie screen....The Lucky One. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you guessed one of my books before I had even read it. I hope you enjoyed reading my summaries of "The Help". I haven't read "The Lucky One", but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete