Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Scrapbooking - Week 4

Day 22 – Scrapbooking split up into two 30-minute sessions again. It seems I will never get to actually scrapbooking . . . maybe next year ;)

Day 23 – I think I’m having problems focusing on this project. I find it easy to go through a large folder and delete the thumbnails because they are actually smaller, but when it comes to dragging a ton of pictures around trying to find their match when sometimes there isn’t one (modified versus originals) to try and pick the better of the two and delete the extra, I can’t focus. I get most of the way through the folder and then I get bored and move onto a new folder . . . I’m guessing I’m not going to have them all perfect, but hopefully they will be close and then they can all get backed up on my external hard drive. I can’t believe this month is almost over and I’m still working on this part. Whew.

Day 24 – I can’t believe I’ve been working on this for a full day (24 hours this month, and I’m still not done). I did discover Picassa’s “Sort folder by date” feature today though and that is sure helpful. I have a feeling things will go much faster from now on. I’m working from oldest to newest and I finished 2004 – 2006 pictures today. 2007 has a ton of pictures, so we’ll see how tomorrow goes, but more progress was made J

Day 25 – Things are going faster now, but I’m still stuck in 2007. Many more photos to go . . . as usual.

Day 26 – I scrapbooked in the car to and from the farm where we went to pick blackberries tonight. I finished all of my 2007 pictures, I think the end will go faster now. The end is near?

Day 27 – Today was the opening ceremonies for the London Olympics, so I worked on my scrapbooking during that. I finished 2008, but it was a long week and I don’t think I got as much does as I should.

Day 28 – I scrapbooked in the car again today. We made the trip up to the EAA airshow in Oshkosh today . . . that was pretty fun. I’m blazing through the last sets of pictures because they don’t have so many duplicates or edits to do, but I’m rather confused as some of my pictures are much smaller/lower quality than the rest. I hope I have the full-sized versions somewhere (but that means finding more sets of pictures to organize L).

Day 29 – More of the same today, still not done, still didn’t look for the larger versions of the pictures. Too much to do around here.

Day 30 – I’m making more progress . . . think I can finish my picture organization by tomorrow?

Day 31 – Well, unfortunately, I didn’t finish my pictures, but I can’t imagine how I could have gotten this far without setting aside all of this time every day to work on this. I am very close to being done, so just a few more hours of working on this, then I think all of my picture organization will be done. Then maybe I can get to actual scrapbooking ;) Well, enough of this laziness . . . can you guess what I’m going to be doing next month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment