Saturday, July 7, 2012

Scrapbooking - Week 1

Day 1 – Well, today I got all of my pictures on CDs loaded onto my computer…about 5000 in all. This is going to be a big project.

Day 2 – And so it begins . . . wading through all of those pictures. I got quite a few duplicates deleted and some organized into folders.

Day 3 – Lots more organization accomplished today, mostly in pictures from 2006, yes, I have lots of pictures to go through since then. This is why I think this organization step is going to take me half the month . . . so much to do yet.

Day 4 – Almost all of my 2004-2006 pictures are categorized . . . now to go through each folder and delete the duplicates. Switching from Mac to PC format is not fun. PC decides that all of the Mac files (originals, edits, and thumbnails) are different pictures so I have three copies of most of them and they are all scattered around . . . how annoying.

Day 5 – So. Tired. Again. I had to get up at 5:15 this morning, and now it’s almost 11:00 and I’m still working on this. I need to stop planning so many things to do. Still going through and deleting duplicates and organizing things into chronological order. This is rather boring.

Day 6 – This project is so huge. I really wish I had all of the picture organizing done already. They are all mixed up. I did get a chance to look through my previous scrapbook today though . . . I needed to remember where I took some of the pictures. Maybe by the end of this month I’ll finally get to real scrapbooking.

Day7 – I took my computer along in the car while we were driving and worked on my pictures then . . . that worked out pretty well. I’m still amazed by how crazily mixed up these pictures are, but every hour I put into this is one hour closer to having it all done, so I’m grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment